What does it mean to be a global school?
In order to achieve a more united, fair, and sustainable world, we need to educate and empower this new generation of global citizens.
At West Oxford, our students:
- Pay attention to what’s going on in the world.
- Feel connected to the world and the people in it.
- Take action to make the world a better place for everyone.
What does that look like at West Oxford?
- We practice the Global Competencies so students can practice the attitudes, skills, and knowledge that they need as global leaders.
- We teach a Global Curriculum where students work on class projects that combine academic learning of the NC state standards with global issues and local action.
- We make Global Connections so that students can interact with people and places beyond the school – locally and globally, virtually and face-to-face.